Home Organizing Services
"Overwhelmed” or “chaotic” are words that are often spoken in regard to life in the 21st century home. Household members are busier than ever and it is easier for “stuff” to enter the home along with the stress associated with it. Who needs more stress in this day and age? Minding Your Matters® can help you bring peace and order into your home.
Minding Your Matters® residential clients will benefit from personalized organizing solutions in the following areas:
• Establishing logical and accessible “homes” for all items
• Recognizing clutter habits and ways to break them
• Creating easily maintainable paper filing systems
• Defining the best method for accessing electronic information
• Identifying age-appropriate organizing tasks for children from birth through age 18
• Discovering ways to reduce the amount of paper entering the home
• Determining the most suitable calendar to be used by family members
Minding Your Matters® recognizes that home life changes quickly. As such, we believe in creating organizing systems using the flexible structure principle™. This concept means that while we want enough structure in place that people feel organized; we want the systems to be flexible enough that when life changes come, the organizing systems only need to be tweaked and not totally reinvented.
Minding Your Matters® provides assessments and written plans for people who intend to implement their own organizing solutions, hands-on organizing sessions for people who choose to work with an organizing consultant to bring their organizing goals to life, coaching around organizing challenges either on-site or via phone (Ordered Minds), and seminars (Bring Order To) for people who would like to learn home organizing skills in a group setting.